[Sunhelp] Telnet service port

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Wed Oct 4 17:32:46 CDT 2000

Hmmn.  I've always just turned telnet off in /etc/inetd, as the services file
is supposed to be a canonical listing of ports/services.  If you want telnet at
a higher port, just add telnet-high port 9900 or whatever in services and do
something to /etc/inetd.conf to match.

That's a much more proper way of doing it.