[Sunhelp] login

David Rouse david at rouseworld.org
Tue Oct 3 19:47:32 CDT 2000

on 10/3/00 12:11 PM, Cardinal Christopher at
Christopher.Cardinal at sms.siemens.com wrote:

> I have created a new account on a Solaris 2.6. machine. When I ssh to the
> machine as root, that is fine. When I try su - username, I get:
> ld.so.1: internal: malloc failedKilled

A few things I would try:

1) Can you login fromm the console as that user?

2) Can you telnet in (no ssh) can you login as that user?

3) Can you ssh directly as that user?

I guess what I'm thinking is that another error is occuring, which is then
causing the error you see printed. Trying other things might give you a clue
as to what is really wrong. Either that or your build of ssh is hosed
somehow.

--
drouse