[Sunhelp] DNS for a lan.

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Tue Oct 3 18:19:05 CDT 2000

ok, well, I think I've got the probelm narrowed down.  I had put the
hosts file on the new box, after adding it to the file.  It has no
problem resolving the host names of comptuers on the internet (what the
DNS server has) but it can't resolve anything for the local lan.  So, I
guess that HP-UX isn't looking at the hosts file, for whatever reason.
Can anyone think of why this might be?

However, once I get this straitend out, I guess I'd like to run a
cacheing DNS server (something that just caches DNS for my lan to use
quicker) what version of bind would I use?

-Jonathan