[Sunhelp] Solaris 8 for Intel Disksuite problem

Curtis Curtis
Tue Oct 3 15:32:48 CDT 2000

Hi,

  Was wondering if anyone else has had the same luck as me (no luck) in
getting DiskSuite 4.2.1 (out of Disk2's EA directory) working on Solaris
for Intel.

  Anytime I go to do anything I get "c0t3d0s0 is an alternate path for
c0t2d0s0".  This is using the gui tool.  Command line also errors but
with a different error (which I don't recall currently).

  If I de-install 4.2.1 and install 4.2 from the Solaris 7 Easy Access
CD, it works fine.  So it's something they did with 4.2.1 (modifications
for installations using alternate pathing ?).

  Was wondering if anyone else has seen this, and maybe figure out a way
to smack DiskSuite in the side of the head and make it understand.

Thanks,

  -- Curt

curtis at ici.net