[Sunhelp] Re: monitor for Ultra 5/10 - can I use a regular PC monitor

Ian Ian
Mon Oct 30 23:19:50 CST 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:40:50 -0500 (EST), Brian Hechinger wrote:

>i'll back that up.  i've got one on my desk at work, at it solved the issue
>of having a SUN box (ss20) and a PC and what was i going to do with two
>monitors on my tiny little desk.

Mine's a step further - I have the DB15HD input wired into a 4-port KVM
switch, which is hooked to my sunray, my PC and my laptop dock. The
added bonus is that I can use my Sun Type 6 USB keyboard on my PC and
not have to switch layouts in my brain every 20 minutes. All I need now
is a USB card for my Ultra 5. It's that or upgrade to a psychotically
expensive multi-protocol KVM.

-Ian

--
I am immune