[SunHELP] Hitachi 365-1073 monitor w. SPARC 20?

Michael Doyle sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 30 17:23:57 CST 2000

To all,

I am contemplating buying a SPARC 20 which has an SX framebuffer and an
8 mb VSIMM.  The section concerning the SX in the 'Solaris Handbook for
Framebuffers' on docs.sun.com lists only what appear to be (Sun) Sony
monitors (models GDM*) - those that have an 'ID sense code', except for
a line labelled "Non-Sun" (sense code=7).

I have a Hitachi model HM-4119 (Sun part #365-1073-01) monitor (built
1990!) and am wondering if this can be used with the SX.  Perhaps it
would fall under the 'Non-Sun' category, though it is any (old) Sun
monitor.  Anyone have any idea?

Many thanks!

Michael
E-Mail: Michael Doyle <gmike at cstone.net>