[SunHELP] Filtering with Solaris 8 x86

Erik Parker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 30 14:38:19 CST 2000

> Erik,
>
> If you have another 486 or something I would run FreeBSD on it and use
> ipfilter.  It is very stable on the bsd platform.  I prefer to run my
> filtering on a dedicated hardened host anyway.
>
> Just a suggestion,

I do to usually, I mean anything corporate wise I put a Checkpoint
firewall in front of, however I'm pretty limited to space in my
Co-location rack.. So the 2u that the server takes up, the 1u for the
switch, and the 1u for the UPS (powerstack 450) pretty much max it.

I'll look at sunscreen again, I can't remember why I frowned on it in the
beginning.

Thanks for all the replies.

Erik Parker
Mind Security