[SunHELP] Filtering with Solaris 8 x86

Erik Parker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 30 12:49:51 CST 2000

Ok, Ipfilter doesn't cut it for me.. The box crashes every few weeks (with
various versions).. kernel dumping because of Ip filter.

Is there any alternative? I basically only need to do very simple
filtering, like blocking access to bind (aka one big ass root hole) to
only be accessible to the polling upstream nameservers, and to ssh, so
only allowed IP's can even hit the port.

Using the built in "filtering" of those softwares is not adequate..

Any ideas? Something inexpensive is proffered.. I could run checkpoint on
it, but this is just a host, not a firewall.

Erik Parker
Mind Security

An armed society, is a polite society.