[SunHELP] Crash Dump

Trung Pham sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 29 17:04:35 CST 2000

Peter,

> >>Core dump is easy.  Savecore is enabled by default on sol 7 and up.
> >>Previous versions, look at /etc/init.d/sysetup.
>
> >>_pete
>
> 	Yes, I've done it. That's why it prevents the system from
> auto-booting.

>>Huh?  That's not controlled as part of savecore, at least as far as I
>>know...
>>-P

	Once we enable crashdump/savecore, system crashes for some reason.
It
	will stay at the OK prompt and wait for us to enter command "sync"
      which creates a core dump. If we do not type "sync" and just simply
	type "boot". The system should be booted without creating the core
dump
      eventhough we enabled it in the /etc/init.d/sysetup.   FYI.

- Trung -