[SunHELP] Crash Dump

Peter L. Wargo sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 29 15:49:02 CST 2000

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Trung Pham wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Does anyone know how to make Sun systems running Solaris 2.6 reboot by
> itself when
> a crash occurs with dump crash enabled on the system ?

IS watchdog reboot set?  Sounds like you should reboot automatically
anyway.  Something concerns me though... Read on...

> which happened
> beause of the E-cache issue brought the system down to the OK prompt and
> stayed there
> (because of the crash dump is enabled)  until I physically  went to the
> console and typed
> "sync" command at OK promt to create core dump and reboot the system.

Interesting.  Do you have a log of the console messages?  Did it say
"Panic" or anything?  How do you know it is Ecache?

Your situation *almost* sounds like someone did a console break or
L1(stop)-A.  That's why I'd like to know what the screen said.

> I would like to have both core dump created and system rebooted by itself.
> Let me know if
> some of you know how to . Thank you very much.

Core dump is easy.  Savecore is enabled by default on sol 7 and up.
Previous versions, look at /etc/init.d/sysetup.

_pete