[SunHELP] SCSI Disk Failure

Steffen Grunewald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 28 01:27:08 CST 2000

On Mon 2000-11-27 (10:54), Doug McLaren wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 11:34:02AM -0500, Dale Ghent wrote:
> | On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 Gene.Patterson at risk.sungard.com wrote:
> |
> | | An internal disk crashed on an old SPARCstation 2 machine we have.  The disk was
> | | a Quantum ProDrive 105S.
> | |
> | | Any suggestions on a currently available suitable replacement?  and possible
> | | source?
> |
> | Any 7200rpm narrow SCSI drive (50pin connector) would suffice, such as any
> | Seagate ST3xxxxN model.
>
> Not nessesarily.  Narrow scsi drives are getting harder and harder to
> find, and there may not be enough room in there for a wide<->narrow
> adapter.

In a SS2, there should be. And there are adapters which operate on two
levels, so they waste space only vertically.

I might help you out with a bunch of 540MB drives, Quantum and Conner.
Used, but checked for bad blocks and stored in a cool, dark and dry place.

:-) Steffen
--
Steffen Grunewald ** GeoForschungsZentrum  Potsdam ** Projektbereich 2.2
Telegrafenberg E3 ** D-14473  Potsdam ** Germany / Duitsland / Allemagne