[SunHELP] Solaris x86 - ignore disk in floppy

Jarrett Carver sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 27 19:28:05 CST 2000

I have set-up a Solaris 7 x86 server and installed tripwire. I made a floppy
(ro) with the tripwire database.

Went into cmos and set the boot device list to: HD, FD, CD.

However, when I boot the system with the floppy installed, it starts to boot
solaris and then asks for the Solaris boot floppy. I take the floppy out and
it boots into solaris fine.

Not all that proficient with the x86 Solaris I was wondering how to get
around this. Thanks.

Jarrett Carver           http://www.geocities.com/solarboyz1
solarboyz1 at hotmail.com   Unix/NT Systems Administrator

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and
practice. But, in practice, there is. "
       - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut