[SunHELP] Using Ufsdump command as Oracle account - HELP

Heshmati, Sardar sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 22 11:04:59 CST 2000

Here is some info from SunSolve...

DUMP: Cannot open dump device `/dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s1': Permission denied
  When using ufsdump(1M) as user sys (UID 3) on a disk drive in a SSA, the
ufsdump(1M)
  command fails with the message.

  The permissions on the ssd 'instance path' for disk in an SSA are created
with 600
  permissions. They should be 0640 for a non-root user to be able to read
them. For
  example,

     # ls -lL /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s1
     crw-------   1 root     sys      192,241 Jul 10  1996
/dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s1

  Change it so it reads:

     crw-r-----   1 root     sys      192,241 Jul 10  1996
/dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s1

  You might also want to add the following line

      ssd:* 0640 root sys

  to the /etc/minor_perm file, so subsequently added arrays do not have the
same
  problem.