[Sunhelp] break, cron, cc and hme on ss5

Brian Hechinger wonko at tmok.com
Wed Nov 15 09:41:54 CST 2000

> Re: [Sunhelp] Disabling break on Netra T1 105
>
> If Netra T1s have one, I *think* setting the keyswitch to secure or "Locked"
> (the little padlock icon) well prevent the machine dropping back to the OK
> prompt when you remove the serial cable.

if you unplug the cable before logging out of your console sesion it won't
drop to the ok prompt either.  this way you don't lose the ability to send a
break and drop it into the ok prompt if you need to.

> [Sunhelp] RE: SunHELP digest, Vol 1 #681 - 19 msgs CRON
>
> My script is as follows:
> #!/bin/sh
>          sqlplus system/manager at prod @actrain.drop
>          imp system/manager at prod file=actrain131100.dmp log=actrain.imp buffer=4096000
>         fromuser=actrain touser=actrain rows=y indexes=y

use:

. /home/to/oracle/.profile

to source your oracle users profile to pick up his $PATH and the $ORACLE_*
stuff.  make sure everythin you need is set there, as sometimes admins put
stuff in /etc/profile so you may want to source that as well.

> Re: [Sunhelp] Solaris 8 CDs
>
> Well I searched the the configure scrit and it was searching for gcc
> or cc. I found cc, but when I run cc it ask me to install
> the Language optionnal package.
>
> So if Im not crazy this means it's installed
> but I need another package.
>
> But if you all tell me its impossible and that I need to download
> gcc, then, you must be right!

that cc you found does nothing more that echo that message out to the screen.
it get's replaced by the real cc when you install SUN's C compiler (Now called
Forte)

> [Sunhelp] Limit to hme cards in SS5?
>
> Is there some kind of hard or practical limit to how many SBus interfaces I
> can have in a Sparc 5?

how many fit?  seriously, i have two le cards and a TurboGX card in my SS5
right now and it works fine.  couple months ago i put two qfe cards in it and
it wouldn't even boot.  took one out, and it worked fine.  the fact that yours
boots doesn't do with what i've seen, but are you possibly asking for too
much power from your system?  it could also be a bad card, flip the cards
around in the slots they are in and try again.  best i can offer.

-brian

ps: bill just asked us to generously edit our replies. sure, you forget to do
that, no big deal, but if you are going to reply to the digest, PLEASE edit
your reply as it makes reading the mailing list digest very hard and very
annoying.  thank you.