[Sunhelp] Trouble with mkdir

Mark sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 14 14:04:45 CST 2000

As posted in other replies -
 - sounds like you definietly have automounter running.
You have a few choices-
  Stop automounter, if you don't need it
or Solaris typically uses /export/home as the path for user directories.

      Create your directory there and it will appears as if it is under
/home

If you need automounter running, but not for Home Directories,
comment out the  /home in auto_master and restart automounter.

$ cat auto_master
# Master map for automounter
#
+auto_master
/net            -hosts          -nosuid,nobrowse
#/home          auto_home       -nobrowse
/xfn            -xfn

This should solve your problem.
No corrupt binaries, just typical behaviour  when trying to create a
directory on a automounted mount point.

Mark