[Sunhelp] Re: [SunRescue] OT: RS/6000's

Matt Tilley sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 9 10:50:19 CST 2000

I mailed this to Paul earlier, but seeing a couple of others indicating that
they weren't aware of any online resources, I thought that I would pass out
a few of the more useful URLs that I use:

Here are a couple of resources that I think are fantastic.  The first is
online man pages:

http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ds_form?lang=en_US&viewset=AIX&config=/usr
/share/man/info/en_US/a_doc_lib/data/base.cfg

This one is a great way to search for ways to do things, look at issues that
others have had, as well as just being a great place to look into various
topics that one might have a question on:

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/rs6k/techbrowse/

Other references:

http://mort.level5.net/johnr/howto/how-to.htm

http://www.geocities.com/rbrohl_00/rs6000_links.htm

http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/resource/hardware_docs/

Register for redbooks and read all you want on anything!:
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/itsomail.nsf/home

Archived info:
http://mlarchive.ima.com/aix-l/

FAQ:
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/faqs/aix-faq/

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/aix-faq/

http://fserver.chem.emory.edu/services/aix-faq/index.html

Freeware (YIPEE!):
http://www.bull.de/pub/

http://www-frec.bull.com/docs/downlist.htm

http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/aixpdslib.html

ftp://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/pub/gcc/RISC/4.1/src/

And finally, I have several AIX books but this is the best one (IMHO):
The AIX Survival Guide (by Siegert).

I hope that you find this helpful!

- Matt