[Sunhelp] OT: RS/6000's

Nicholas Dronen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 8 21:25:27 CST 2000

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:24:22PM -0800, Paul Khoury wrote:
> I just bought an RS/6000 to learn alongside my SPARCstations,
> and since I know there are some people here familiar with AIX,
> maybe someone could tell me of any good sites, similiar to Sunhelp?

I know of no such thing, sadly.

You can always use http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/ for some documentation,
especially as you'll probably be amazed how unobious it is to install
man pages on AIX.  After you have man pages, you might want to look
for a sysadmin guide on http://www.redbooks.ibm.com.  Beware that
it's a very unfriendly site to search.  The results rarely make
sense.

Finally, your best bet at advice from real people is comp.unix.aix.
A number of veteran AIX folks post there, including people from
AIX development in Austin.  Of course, read the comp.unix.aix
FAQ as well.  It'll help prepare you for the shock. :)

Regards,

Nick Dronen