[Sunhelp] HARDDISK PROBLEM!

suresh sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 7 12:54:26 CST 2000

Hi
I have installed solaris 8 on intel ,recently my os crashed and i got lot
messages which indicated physical errors,but now I am getting this result
when i do

format-defect-grown
		 -primary
does this mean is these are marked bad blocks

format> defect
DEFECT MENU:
        primary  - extract manufacturer's defect list
        grown    - extract the grown defects list
        both     - extract both primary and grown defects lists
        print    - display defect list
        dump     - dump defect list to file
        !<cmd>   - execute <cmd>, then return
        quit
defect> grown
Extracting grown defects list...Extraction complete.
Defect List has a total of 0 defects.
defect> primary
Extracting primary defect list...Extraction complete.
Defect List has a total of 2162 defects.

Do yu think i should run a analyze-test to see if this figure increases
Suresh
Mithi.com Pvt. Ltd.