[Sunhelp] Adding an interface on a qfe card

Kalusniak, Jeff sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 6 11:58:48 CST 2000

Is this a brand new card and you have two others operational, or are you
just wanting to activate the 3rd port on a qfe card that has two others
already operational?

If two other ports on that qfe card are already operational, you would need
to:

Create /etc/hostname.qfe1:3   (hostname on first line)

Add entries in /etc/hosts and networks (if so desired)

ifconfig qfe1:3 ipadress [netmask?] [broadcast?] up