[Sunhelp] Adding an interface on a qfe card

Glover, Duke sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 6 11:39:30 CST 2000

SUN Sparc 5
Solaris 2.6

I have a qfe card installed with 2 interfaces already operational.  I need
to add a third.  I have outlined the steps below that I think I need to
take.  Can you please take a look and let me know if I have excluded any
needed steps to make this new interface operational ?

Create /etc/hostname.qfe1     1 line = <interface name>

Add entry in /etc/hosts       <IP address>	<interface name>

Add entry in /etc/netmasks	<network>	<netmask>

Run these commands:         ifconfig qfe1 plumb
			          ifconfig qfe1 up

Thanks,

Duke Glover