[Sunhelp] RE :Sunhelp] How do I make permanent = route settings?

Gerald Lee sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 4 19:55:42 CST 2000

--=====================_152762981==_.ALT

At 04:21 AM 11/3/2000 -0600, you wrote:
> [...]

edit (or create if it does not exist) /etc/defaultrouter
and add the IP of the your router on the first  and only line.
this'll keep your gateway through reboots.

-g
--=====================_152762981==_.ALT

At 04:21 AM 11/3/2000 -0600, you wrote:<br>
<b>Subject:       = </b>[Sunhelp] How do I
make permanent = route settings? <br>
I'm trying to set the gateway on my = machines here at work and can't
seem to make them stay.=A0<br>
I'm using the command "=A0 route add = default <<i>gateway IP
addr</i>.><br>
This works fine!=A0 The machines = are able to connect to the internet
fine, but once a machine is = rebooted, the gateway is again lost!<br>
How do I hardcode the gateway = entry?<br>
(Solaris 2.6/2.7/2.8 = Sparc) <br>
Thanks again Wizards! <br>
Christopher A.<br>
Los Angeles, Ca. </blockquote><br>
edit (or create if it does not exist) /etc/defaultrouter<br>
and add the IP of the your router on the first  and only line.<br>
this'll keep your gateway through reboots.<br>
-g</html>