[Sunhelp] disk system planning

Brödersen Jacob K Civ ACC/DRKI sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 2 08:05:57 CST 2000

Morning all,

I'm adding some disk capacity to my Ultra 1 running Solaris 7.  I'm
replacing a Seagate 2.1Gb with a Fujitsu 4.3Gb disk and moving the Seagate
to a secondary role.  How should I partition these drives?  My /usr
partition filled up quickly with the 2.1 Gb drive.  Can I put /opt on the
secondary drive and link it to / on the system disk?  /opt seemed to fill up
fast too.  I haven't even loaded StarOffice yet...

This is my first disk upgrade on this system.  After this one I should be ok
for a while, although I have an external disk ready if I ever need it.

Thanks,

Jake

Jacob K. Brdersen III
Principal Engineer, Sverdrup Technology, Inc.
HQ ACC/DRKI
DSN 574-1911
COMM (757) 764-1911
jacob.brodersen2 at langley.af.mil