[Sunhelp] SNMP Security Problem

Ben Ricker bricker at us-rx.com
Wed Nov 1 10:36:26 CST 2000

On Wednesday 01 November 2000 10:33, Dale Ghent wrote:

> Grr. Why Sun enables snmpd startup by default, I dont know. With generic
> communities, it really opens up alot of machines.

I noticed! Heck, Linux has better security out of the box.

Does anyone know a good reference to do process accounting, that is, looking
at what processes are running and, more importantly, what the heck the
services DO. I am not doing much but running Java on this machine, so the
leaner, the better.

Thanks,

Ben Ricker

--