[Sunhelp] About changing password

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Fri May 19 07:15:36 CDT 2000

Write a perl script using the Crypt:DES libraries to DEs encrypt the new
passwords. You can also use several freely available password generators to
automagically generate "good" passwords for you. Then just use your list of
users to create a /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow file with the DES encrypted
passwd. If you use NIS or NIS+ you will need to make sure you add the
appropraite commands to the script to add those entries.

Of course that's assuming some familiarity with perl ;-)