[Sunhelp] Ugh. Please read.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Mar 30 11:56:50 CST 2000

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 06:38:11PM +0100, Flynn, Harold M. III wrote:
> It's always nice to know that something out there to help the general public
> is so warmly accepted by corporations.  I really appreciate the fact that a
> large group of people gathered together to focus on one companies products,
> and to further promote good will about their products is appreciated by
> company and repaid with legal threats, corporate bullying, and scare
> tactics.  Is it entertaining that a company would make one HELL of an effort
> to cut off it's nose in spite of it's face?  I wonder what USENIX would
> think about this?  How about slashdot?

I dont know yet, and I'm waiting to talk to Sun's lawyers to see just what
they want me to do.  Apparently the major problem was that I had copies
of some PDF files that were obtained from www.sun.com, still mirrored on
teh site after they were removed from the www.sun.com site, and the
SunHELP logo.

(at least according to the letter I got, which is going up as soon as I
have access to a scanner)

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford | mrbill at mrbill.net |