[Sunhelp] Good references for bind and qmail

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Mar 30 09:47:12 CST 2000

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 10:12:33AM -0500, Thomas Reagan wrote:
> Paul,
> Without starting a religious war (if anyone takes offense, please allow me
> to withdraw my comment), I should like to recommend postfix to you over
> qmail.  Since you seem to be looking for a new mailer anyway, I suggest
> postfix b/c it is equally high security, but with higher performance and
> without the semi-proprietary maildir format that qmail uses (though postfix
> can do that to).  Also, it happens to be maintained by one of the most
> active security researchers in the world, Wietse Venema, and is undergoing a
> more active development than qmail.
> http://www.postfix.org if you are interested.
> Tom

I actually setup a rather nice pop3 server using postfix + Maildir, and
the pop3 daemon from the qmail package (as I wanted to avoid using qmail,
but we had specific reasons for needing Maildir - one being that its way
more NFS-friendly).  Works great.

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford | mrbill at mrbill.net |