[Sunhelp] Network Printer Configuration

Trevor Chandler MSN/trevorc1653 at email.msn.com
Wed Mar 29 15:15:41 CST 2000

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for repsonding to my question.

My JetDirect is setup with an appropriate
address -- I have no trouble seeing that.

I'm not sure if it configured to support
LPR.  Can you tell me how to investigate
that?

By the way, I'm back to square one as
far as getting past that LP Print Service
error message -- I've cleaned that up.

I'm following the configuration instructions
for a network printer, using the 'lpadmin'
commands, staight out of the Solaris 7
documentation.   But this bad boy ain't
flyin.

Anyway, if you know how I can check to see
if the JetDirect is configured to support
LPR, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again,

Trevor C.
trevorc at netzero.net