[Sunhelp] /proc

Ana Yuseepi anayuseepi at asia.com
Wed Mar 29 02:21:10 CST 2000

tools might be: top, lsof,
-Ana : )

------Original Message------
From: James Lockwood <james at foonly.com>
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sent: March 29, 2000 5:16:55 AM GMT
Subject: Re: [Sunhelp] /proc

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Melinda Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My /proc directory is a whopping 760 Meg and has filled upo my
> / file system. Can anyone suggest how I clean up /proc?

No, it hasn't.  Files in procfs are virtual mappings, not physical files.
Look somewhere else for the file filling up your root partition.

As an aside, is there a tool somewhere (outside of TNF probes) to monitor
file I/O on a per-process basis and rank processes in order of the volume?
I've got something hacked together with truss and /proc but it's brutally
inefficient.

-James

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org