[Sunhelp] /proc

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Mar 28 23:16:55 CST 2000

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Melinda Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My /proc directory is a whopping 760 Meg and has filled upo my
> / file system. Can anyone suggest how I clean up /proc?

No, it hasn't.  Files in procfs are virtual mappings, not physical files.
Look somewhere else for the file filling up your root partition.

As an aside, is there a tool somewhere (outside of TNF probes) to monitor
file I/O on a per-process basis and rank processes in order of the volume?
I've got something hacked together with truss and /proc but it's brutally
inefficient.

-James