[Sunhelp] Serial Ports...

Derek Piper del at delphis.delphinian.com
Tue Mar 28 10:45:25 CST 2000

	Hmmm.. I can't really offer a solution but I was wondering about
this too when I read your post as I am going to use my sparc classic as a
router.. One thing I was planning to do was to get a Y cable for the
serial ports so I could have a terminal (a vt420 I have about) hooked up
to the sparc on port A 'just in case' and also the modem on port B. Seems
awkward indeed I know if you don't want terminal access to it. I plan to
just SSH to it 99%% of the time but I thought I could use the terminal too
as its there.
	My question to you is, does it prevent the modem from working in
linux once the system is booted? .. if the modem just clicks but doesn't
worry about it that's not a lot of problem (at least not for me if I have
that).

	Derek

Derek Piper - del at delphinian.com - http://www.delphinian.com/