[Sunhelp] Expert needed! .. SparcClassic appears 'dead'

Paul Khoury - Tech Support pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 25 23:41:56 CST 2000

Have you tried swapping out RAM?

I had a simliar problem on a system, with known good RAM.
Or it *WAS* working.

I had a friend check it in his SIMM checker, turns out the
address lines were messed up - when it did work, on advanced
diags, it wouldn't test any memory (was in an IPC, wouldn't count past
48MB).

The main thing I can think of is RAM.

Also, if you have any SBus cards, take anything out that's not critical
to system operation for troubleshooting.

Ironically, I got that from a Microsoft Win2K conference - to keep it simple.
Not typical Microsoft I suppose.

Paul