[Sunhelp] Rack mount E3500

ds ds at primenet.com
Wed Mar 22 23:15:29 CST 2000

"Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris)" wrote:

> I wonder what the cost of the 3500's was?  I have a hard enough time proving

$75,000 w/2 336MHz Processors, 1GB RAM, 6x9.2GB HD, 19" Monitors and
fiber backplane.

The money was originally set aside to purchase AIX equipment, but the
equivalent priced equipment by IBM was a choice between a 32 bit
processor low end server or mid range workstation configured as above
with a single processor.  Don't get me wrong, not that IBM equipment
isn't a good product... it just cost more and the Sun deal appeared to
be the best bargain.  Plus we already had placed a E450 in place for a
Firewall, so we talked about only having to support one UNIX OS, and
since we were going to have to support Solaris, we decided that it was
the best choice at the time.

dean
Email:	ds at primenet.com
Web:	http://radsl-sullinger.phx.primenet.com/
"As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"