[Sunhelp] Rack mount E3500

ds ds at primenet.com
Wed Mar 22 22:55:42 CST 2000

> On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 08:20:50PM -0700, ds wrote:
> > keyboard/monitor expansion kit ($75 ea.).  Then place a cheap 220
> > terminal in the rack as a console for both units... total cost... about
> Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> BTW, if you have the monitor and keyboards at the remote location, the
> VT200 wont be a true console - it will just be a terminal hanging off a
> serial port.
>
> In the ROM:
>
> setenv input-device ttya
> setenv output-device ttya
>
> But then your keyboard and monitor are useless.

That's OK, all we want it for is to access the server while we are in
front of it while others are using the Monitor and Keyboard in the other
room.  If it goes belly up, we can always do the ROM thing to get direct
access if we need to be right in front of the rack (like when the Sun
Engineer comes out for service) and reboot when we are ready to give
control back to the keyboard.

Thanks... good idea with the setenv.

dean
Email:	ds at primenet.com
Web:	http://radsl-sullinger.phx.primenet.com/
"As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"