[Sunhelp] Scripts

Leon Halford - Open Systems Solutions Ltd leon.halford at opensolutions.co.uk
Wed Mar 22 03:54:54 CST 2000

Easy answer without scripting:

1. Edit root crontab to run the default newsyslog command everyday.

2. Add a new cron entry similar to this:

   find /var/adm -type f -name "messages*" -mtime +0 -print -exec rm {} \;

   It will mail the root account with the files it deletes each day.

   If you want to suppress the mail redirect the above command to
   /dev/null.