[Sunhelp] IO error

Flynn, Harold M. III Flynnh at mont.disa.mil
Tue Mar 21 15:25:42 CST 2000

>From my perspective, I'd be immediately suspect of the driver.  If it was
installed in the form of a patch, I'd try backing it out (unless you've
installed it with the -d option (shame shame)).

The next step would obviously be adding hotswaps and taking the suspect
disks out of the arrays.  That would most likely validate bad disks,
although the problem could potentially be at controller level.  In this
case, exercising that Sun Service Contract would more than likely be in
order.

I can't think of any issues with driver conflicts/Sol7 and Solstice
Disksuite, although it's been about a week since I've been to sunsolve.

Hal