[Sunhelp] Strange things after changing the defaultrouter

Wyckoff, Kirk KWyckoff at dewebstore.com
Tue Mar 21 06:27:01 CST 2000

I have kind of a weird situation on my hands with my Solaris and Linux boxes
and can not figure it out. A while back we changed the IP address of our
router that servers as the gateway for the above mentioned servers. After
this change we have noticed that when you try to telnet to these servers
from a different network there is a long "wait" period before you get a
login prompt. However, if I telnet to my Cisco switches, IBM AIX based
servers or HP printers it works like a champ. It's only my Solaris and Linux
boxes displaying this problem.

I ran sys-unconfig an it fixed it for awhile. It ran about two weeks and
then started displaying the same issues. I'm obviously missing something.
Any ideas....

KW