[Sunhelp] format - defect list write

Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) robert.fuerst at sylvania.com
Mon Mar 20 09:59:28 CST 2000

Well I have done that before on an OLD (like 40 MHz) PC with Seagate's
software on a 40 meg HD.
It was part of the formatting tools on a 5"  floppy (remember those?)
I just thought that you could do the same on Solaris.
So if a disk gets a bad sector you basically have to trash it?
Maybe there is another bit of software someone knows about?

Thanks,
1st