[Sunhelp] Using alternate linker?

W. Reilly Cooley wcooley at greets.com
Fri Mar 17 13:13:12 CST 2000

According to the ld.so.1 man page, an alternate linker exists as
/etc/lib/ld.so.1 in Solaris 7.  However, I have found no way to actually
use it.  Is there a way aside from re-linking (setting environment
variables, etc.)?

I ask because I got myself into a pickle yesterday trying to migrate /usr
from a separate disk to /--you can imagine the horror when I got linker
errors when I tried to run 'mv /usr.new /usr' just after running 'mv /usr
/usr.old'.  Knowing how to use the alternate linker combinded with using
LD_LIBRARY_PATH would have saved my butt.

Wil
W. Reilly Cooley, Esq.                     wcooley at greets.com
GreetingGifts Inc.                       Sys Admin/Postmaster