[Sunhelp] Booting from CD

Spencer Doherty sdoherty at exclaim.net
Wed Mar 15 15:26:04 CST 2000

This is probably a stupid question, but here goes.  I inherited a machine
that no one seems to know the root password for.  So I proceeded to boot
from CD and attempted to mount the file system so I could change it.  Well,
every time I try to mount the file system off of the hard drive (using mount
-F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 /a) I get one of the following errors:
1.  Not a block device OR
2.  File or directory not found
I've tried changing the file system type and the slice in question with no
results.  I can fsck the file system with no problems and I can mount it as
a tmpfs, but get no data.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I thought
that I'd ask the list for any recommendations.  Thanks in advance for the
help.

Spencer Doherty