[Sunhelp] Network Printer Installation

David Kurlowich dkurlow at scetv.org
Wed Mar 15 09:34:38 CST 2000

I have installed network printers on Solaris 2.6 on an x86 machine, and it
works fine.  I would assume the procedure is similar for Solaris 7.

Put the IP address in the local hosts file.  I usually use a node name like
mcsrv for the device.

Assuming an IP address of 10.40.5.1 and a node name of mcsrv and the TEXT
queue (queue name is case sensitive) in the card, the following should work:

	lpsystem -t bsd mcsrv
	lpadmin -p mclaser -v /dev/null
	lpadmin -p mclaser -s mcsrv!TEXT
	lpadmin -p mclaser -T hplaserjet
	accept mclaser
	enable mclaser
	lpadmin -p mclaser -D "Master Control LaserJet"

Hope this helps.

David Kurlowich
Engineering IT Manager
South Carolina Educational Television