[Sunhelp] Network Printer Installation

Trevor Chandler trevorc at netzero.net
Wed Mar 15 08:58:47 CST 2000

Hello all,

I'm running Solaris 7, on an x86-based machine.

Has anyone installed a network (not remote)
printer using 'lpadmin' (not jetadmin, or any
tools like it)?

I've followed the Solaris 7 documentation --
System Admin Guide, Volume II, that covers
network printer installation--  but this bad boy
of mine don't want to spit out any paper.

I can ping the printer, and I can even telnet
to it to configure some of the parameters.

The printer is an HP LaserJet 4m model, with
a JetDirect card on the inside -- sorry I don't know
have the model of the JetDirect card.

If anyone has any possibilities about what's
going wrong, please let me know.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to
read and respond to my question.  I hope
you're having a great day.

Trevor C.
trevorc at netzero.net