[Sunhelp] Windows NT

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Mar 14 22:28:20 CST 2000

Sounds to me like you're lost.  :)  This is the wrong group, but I'll post
brief answers.  For online forums, try www.32bits.com.

> tell me where I can find answers: 1)who markets NT,

Windows NT is a Microsoft Operating system.  They handle all direct
marketing for the OS itself, but hardware vendors often their servers as
"designed for Windows NT", so they do some marketing there.

> 2)what platform does it run on,

The current, supported version of Microsoft Windows NT runs only on the x86
platform, that is, Intel compatible CPUs.  When originally introduced, it
was supported on x86, Alpha, MIPS, PPC, and probably one or two more that
I've missed.

> 3) how does it handle the four managers,

I have no idea what the "four managers" are, so I can't answer that one.

> 4)what is the interface used, and

Microsoft Windows NT supports a variety of interfaces.  Try the Microsoft
website for more details, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/

> 5) what are the advantages and disadvantages.

Not even going to touch this one, I'm not starting a flame war on Bill's
lists.
	Greg