[Sunhelp] sun ftp

Thomas Reagan tkr at brown.edu
Wed Mar 8 22:05:58 CST 2000

Ramon,

Based on the relative inflexibility of the included ftp server, it's lack of
options, it's poor performance, and (especially to mind) it's history of
security flaws, I have never met a Solaris admin who keeps the included ftp
server unless it is for very basic ftp services.  I find the security
history an especially glaring problem, but, again, that is just me.

You might want to look at http://fixsolaris.sunhelp.org/ for other tuning
tips.

Tom Reagan
tkr at brown.edu