[Sunhelp] Process accounting .. help anywhere?

Gilles Melanson gilles at cs.laurentian.ca
Mon Mar 6 08:39:28 CST 2000

Anyone know of a good online resource to set up Solaris' built-in
accounting?

I set it up according to a very, very sparse guide that's provided by Sun
in one of their courses, and it's not working worth a damn.  It's possible
that it's a permissions problem, but I'm getting very vague errors out of
it.

Any help would be appreciated.  If there are any FAQs online, or if anyone
has set this up before (and how useful is it..?) .. great.

If there are third party modules that can be installed, that'll do me just
fine too.

I have two goals here:

- keep track of CPU time used by processes on the system (by time, by
percentage, etc)

- babysit my main shell system to make sure students aren't playing around
more than they should be

Thnx.

--
Gilles Melanson, B.Sc.                  Laurentian University
Technologist (Sun Solaris)              Math and Computer Science Dept.