[Sunhelp] 20 Gig ATA IDE

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sat Mar 4 22:40:52 CST 2000

Yeah, but that's got nothing to do with Sun wanting to support SCSI over
IDE, it has to do with SCSI not being a kludge.  Or at least, SCSI is a
better kludge.  IDE doesn't have any way of addressing more than 8GB.
Anything beyond that is just pure luck.  I don't personally run Solaris on
Intel hardware, so I can't help you fix it, sorry.  I also don't have any
drives bigger than 8GB, so I can't even test it out...  GL
	Greg