[Sunhelp] Solaris 7 boot.conf

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 11:46:05 CST 2000

I am building a Solaris 7 jumpstart. I would like to have all of the Ultras
Load the 64-bit support, but boot to 32-bit by default after the jumpstart.
I noted that an entry can be added to /platform/platform-name/boot.conf to
cause the processors slower that 200MHz to boot to 64-bit, can that entry be
set to false to cause all systems to boot 32-bit? Also would adding a step
in my jumpstart finish script that adds this entry to the boot.conf be the
easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jarrett Carver
http://www.geocities.com/solarboyz1