[Sunhelp] Solaris Jobs

Hal Flynn hmflynn at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 11 19:04:54 CDT 2000

Dude.  monster.com.  You'll have recruiters calling you like you never
wanted before.

They troll that place, and call you, email you, harrass you, and make a
general menace of themselves.  One word of advice....beware of
Teksystems.  Once they get your number, you'll get calls from every
friggin office in the continental US.  They do, however, get some
interesting job opportunities.  The unfortunate part of that is that the
recruiters usually get a 10% cut of the annual pay that you're hired at
(not out of your check, from the company you're working for) and most of
hte positions are contract to perm, so the company is a little touchy
about pay.  I actually interviewed with them, and they got me an
interview with Bellsouth when I came here to Atlanta.  Didn't get the
job, but they were a foot in the door.

Another place I know of that actually has a buttload of SA work, and
actually do things at Sun's headquarters is taos.com.  They're dubbed
the SysAdmin company, and based out of Redwood City.  If I ever leave
the South and go out West (fat chance), I'll probably give them a call.
They seem to be a well run shop.

HTH you all if you're considering looking for something new.  If you
need a resume/interview tip, I'm also a Tactical Recruiting Team member
for Sprint, and don't mind sharing a little.

Hal