[Sunhelp] disk board diabled in prtdiag -v

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 09:53:17 CDT 2000

I have two Ultra E4000s that I am trying to setup for HA. We had the systems
up and running Solaris 2.5.1 and vts for several weeks before we began.
Systems tested fine, we racked them and loaded Solaris 7.

Now the disk board's led's indicate low power, which is fine according to
Sun docs, this is normal for SunOS > 2.6. However, when I do a prtdiag the
board is listed as disabled under the DETACHED BOARDS section and "unknown"
under ASIC revision.

Sun rep said there was a patch I loaded 106541-11 which was the only one I
could find. No luck, output is still the same. Have run all tests available
and the board works fine. Heck it boots of the diskbrd and mounts all the
drives.

Looking for anyone who might have already seen this problem and received an
answer from Sun, otherwise I guess I'll call and spend an hour or two on
hold ;-).

TIA....

Jarrett Carver           http://www.geocities.com/solarboyz1
solarboyz1 at hotmail.com   Unix/NT Systems Administrator