[Sunhelp] syslog

Xavier Mertens xavier at euro.net
Fri Jun 2 00:30:38 CDT 2000

Alan,

On the Redhat box, start syslogd with the option '-r' to let it accept
messages from remote hosts.

Xavier Mertens,         .  .   EuroNet Internet  "Contrary to popular belief,
NOC Manager          .      *  a subsidiary of    Unix is userfriendly. It
XM3-RIPE XM1-6BONE  .          France Telecom     just happens to be selective
                                                  about who it makes friends
                                                  with."