[Sunhelp] DLT4000 problem

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jun 29 11:05:35 CDT 2000

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 08:15:47AM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> How many drives do you work with?  I've got 3 DLT drives that do nightly
> backups, one of them has been doing that since 1992, another since 1998, and
> one since December, and we've only had 2 drive hardware errors, both times
> it was the leader tape sliding off.
> 	Grego

I've worked with DLT 4000s, 2000s, a 4700 library, etc.  I've only had
the leader tape slide off a couple of times; once it broke, and then
I had one drive that liked to eat tapes at OnRamp...

Unspooling 3/4ths of a DLT from the inner spool of a drive is fun.  I wrapped
the end of the tape around a power drill and pulled the trigger. 8-)

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford      |  www.sunhelp.org |